DOUGH BOWL CANDLE CANDLE CARE AND SAFETY
For happy burning and use of your dough bowl candles... here are some tips from Paul, owner of Lux Fragrances, on proper care and safety for maximum burn time and enjoyment.
- As with any candle, never leave a burning candle unattended.
- To enjoy maximum burn time keep wicks trimmed to less than 1/4” at all times. The shorter the flame, the longer the burn time.
- Burn 3-4 hours allowing the wax to liquefy across the top. Extinguish. Allow wax to cool. Trim the wick to less than a 1/4”. Relight.
- Do not burn up all of the wax in the bowl or burn down to the exposed wood. Simply use a spoon to remove any remaining residue.
- Wash the bowl with liquid soap, let dry and your bowl is ready to be repurposed for a catch-all tray, planter, etc...
The wooden dough bowls are handmade of raw wood so no two are alike and vary in shape and size as well as may contain scratches, knots, small cracks and other irregularities.
The wood bowls are pre-treated with a flame retardant, sealed with a thin hard coating of wax on the bottom layer and have extended metal wick tabs to help keep the wicks from burning all of the way to the bottom. Do not burn the candle to the bottom where the wood is exposed to the flame.
Due to the multiple wicks, these candles will burn faster with the heat generated from the multiple flames.
Remember to trim the wick to 1/4" and don't burn more than a few hours before trimming and relighting. This will increase your burn time and help prevent smoke and overheating that can cause the candle to crack or combust.
- Do not burn candles in a draft. It is unsafe and can also cause the candles to burn unevenly.
- Do not burn candles to the very bottom of the exposed glass or wood.
- Place candles on a hard, flat surface or tray that will not be damaged by heat, flame, smoke and/or if the glass or bowl breaks and the wax leaks or spills.
- Do not burn candles near furniture, drapes, carpet, paper or anything that could catch fire or be damaged if the candle cracks or breaks due to heat, smokes or catches fire.
- Never leave a burning candle unattended.